Friday, May 12, 2006

The Devil I Know

Sid Vicious
~1957 – 1979~
“Too fast to live
Too young to die”

It seems like years, when told I cried
The night I heard, Sid Vicious died
Born in 1957, fun and young, a punk in heaven
The years that stopped at 21, were full and loud
A crazy song of sex and drugs
And frenzied shows with laughter, tears, the highs and lows
Spiked and black, wild forest hair
You walked; they stopped and turned to stare
Gentle giant, the friend of we
Who copy those will never be
Eyes of youth that stare you cold
From photos yellowed, torn and old
That look, that smile, he stole my life
And married death, a greedy wife
She robbed your soul, denied your dreams
She haunts me now, I wake and scream
Body drenched by cold sweat
I miss the man I never met.

No comments: