I found this on an old disc I haven't used since I was thirteen years old. I can remember writing it now though.
Dear Oprah Winfrey,
My name is _____________ and I am thirteen years old. I am writing to you on behalf of my mother. She is a wonderful teacher who I know brings life to any classroom she’s in. All my life, even in the worst of times, she has been the most inspiring, reliable, devoted person in my life. And trust me, it hasn’t been an easy life. I could go on and on about her rocky road to life but I know your busy making miracles happen so I’ll get right to the point. She always makes sure everybody else is taken care of before herself. A few nights ago I asked what she would do if she could do anything. She knew right away. She wanted to go with her fiancĂ©e to Europe. One of those ‘One Hundred Countries in Twelve Days’ sort of thing. I can’t make this happen for her but I know you can. So please consider it. I love my mother so much it hurts inside. Like my throat is closing and my chest is breaking. She deserves to be happy. I know that if you just spent some time with her you’d feel the same way. Thank you for your time.
Love,
_________________
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment