The following is why I will never work in accounting:
1. People are amazingly stupid. You wouldn't always know it to look at them or talk to them but give them just a little technology and they will surprise you.
2. I hate computers. I hate software, hardware, programming, printing, copying, cutting, pasting, applying, and looking at computers.
3. I no longer have an affinity for paperwork. I once enjoyed it but Night Audit has sucked that out of me in the last 4 hours.
4. The number of people I had to call at 3 AM just so I could turn the system over to a new day was insane. I had to call my immediate boss, her boss, the restaurant manager, the accountant and the system operator before someone could tell me what the heck I was doing.
5. (This one's just for fun) People who leave town when they only have two days off and don't have a secure ride back to town should be strung up and humiliated for everyone's amusement. Especially mine. The next time I pull a double ( or a triple) I will quit if the person who didn't come in isn't fired the next week.
Thank you listening and have a great day.
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment